Anna Brooks

Camron Beale has been playing the ukulele for about a year.

The Real Beale

May 5, 2016

“I don’t see any boundaries between any of the art forms. I think they all interrelate completely.” – David Bowie

Camron Beale is a freshman who possesses more artistic talent than most people obtain in their entire lives. He is a musically gifted virtuoso, a thespian, and a Picasso in the making. His passion for art as a whole helps his talents feed off on one another.

His skills began when he first began to teach himself how to play the guitar. He also knows how to play the ukulele. “The ukulele is my favorite instrument because it is so simple to play and I know how to play a lot of songs,”  Beale explains. He has a Soundcloud account where he keeps his original songs as well as covers of songs for people to listen to. His most popular cover is of John Lennon’s “Imagine”.

Some of his original songs include: “New York, New York”, “Synthetic Hawaii”, and his most recent release “Honey Road”. His music is inspired by one of his favorite bands called Syd Matters. “They are a French band who started out messing around in their garage and now the lead singer makes soundtracks for video games. I just think that is really cool and I love their music,” Camron explains.

Camron is also very involved in the North Star Theater Project in Danville. Camron’s first participation was in “The Lion King” at the North Theater. “My mom had a Zumba class with the choreographer and she convinced me to try out,” Camron says, “and after I got the part as Banzai, I have become more and more passionate about theater.” Since then, Camron starred in “Godspell” as Jerry last summer at the North Theater.

He brought his theatrical talent to Tunstall last semester, scoring a lead role in the One Act competition piece “The Most Offensive Play in the Whole Darn World” as Tom. He will be starring in Tunstall spring production “The Servant of Two Masters” as Silvio Lombardi. The opening night for the production is this Thursday, May 5 at 7 pm.

Camron completes the trifecta of art by drawing different sketches as a hobby. His sketches are for his own use and he does not like to display them. When asked why does not compete with his art, Camron replied, “I think it defeats the purpose of art; art is subjective, and putting a number on it seems pointless to me.” He enjoys drawing people and sketching drawings of his friends that look similar to caricatures.

Most people take a dance class or two, played the piano in middle school, or sing in their church choir and call themselves an artist. Camron embraces all forms of art and takes each one just as seriously as the other.

When asked who inspires his love for music and art, he says, “My mom does. It is not that she particularly pushed me to be an artist, but she just has gone through a lot and it inspires me to work as hard as she has worked for me.” He plans on continuing his theatrics and music and sketches for as long as he can.

Trojan Messenger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Trojan Messenger
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

2